Breaking News

Noel Gallagher Was Nursing A Hangover When He Met Ireland's President


Noel Gallagher had lunch with Irish President Michael Higgins while he was still nursing a hangover.

The 50-year-old star was on tour with rock icons U2 in July when Bono, the band's lead vocalist, arranged for Noel to meet with the Irish politician in Dublin straight after a heavy night of boozing.

Recalling one of the more surreal incidents during The Joshua Tree Tour, Noel said: "We do the gig in Dublin and we go the after show. I'm staying at his house and we leave at half five in the morning.

"The next thing I remember is my phone going and I'm in this place I don't know. It's him on the phone, and he says 'Oh you're alive, where are you?' and I was like, 'Well I'm supposed to be in your house, but I don't recognise, where am I?' I was in a guest house at the bottom of his garden right.

"So he says, 'Oh you're alive anyway, come on, everybody's here waiting for you' and I was kind of going 'What for?' He said, 'For the lunch I'm throwing in your honour, there's 75 guests have arrived'."

The former Oasis star admitted he wasn't in a fit state to attend the bash, which was also attended by the Irish President.

What's more, Noel couldn't believe how relentless the fun-loving band, and Bono in particular, were in their partying ways throughout their tour.

Speaking to Christian O'Connell on the Absolute Radio Breakfast Show, Noel recalled: "I said 'I've only just got out of bed'. He said 'Look the President of Ireland's just arrived and you're sitting next to him, so hurry up'. So I had to get showered, get up there 'whey, ey' and all that.

"The lunch started at three. Do you know what time it finished? Ten past four in the morning."

Noel also admitted Bono is more resilient to the effects of alcohol these days, despite being seven years older than he is.

Remembering another of their shows in Paris that followed a boozy night out, he said: "I'm sweating pure lager, and he gets up and sings like a 24 year old."

Source: www.bramptonguardian.com

No comments